535 N. Church Street, Suite 204
West Chester, PA 19380
Financial and Economic Brief - June 4, 2019
• U.S. Stock Market Futures Fall - U.S. stock index futures fell Monday, after the China and U.S. trade relationship “intensified” over the weekend.
• U.S. Inflation Ticks Up - U.S. consumer prices increased in April, which could support the Fed’s contention that recent low inflation readings were temporary and allow the Fed to keep interest rates unchanged for a while.
• Factory Activity Slows - An escalating trade war between the U.S. and China raised fears of a global economic downturn and put pressure on policymakers to roll out more stimulus.
Financial and Economic Brief - February 5, 2019
• Fed “Pauses” Tightening - The financial markets are concerned about a slowing economy, and the Fed chairman has sought to reassure investors.
• General Motors Cuts Jobs - General Motors is expected to start its next round of white-collar job cuts this week, but there are fewer staff reductions left to make than were anticipated.
• Ultimate Software Agrees to Buyout - Ultimate Software Group Inc., a cloud-based human resources applications developer, said on Monday it agreed to be bought by an investor group for about $11 billion.
Financial and Economic Brief - January 8, 2019
• Job Creation Hot in December - Job creation surged by 312,000 in December though the unemployment rate rose to 3.9%.
• A New Exchange, MEMX - Morgan Stanley, Fidelity Investments, Citadel Securities & a group of other financial companies have agreed to jointly launch a new low-cost “bourse” that will compete with the NYSE & Nasdaq.
• Eli Lilly to Buy Loxo Oncology - Eli Lilly and Co. announced Monday it will acquire Loxo Oncology for about $8 billion in cash.